1. Be Authentic. The most powerful asset you have is your individuality–what makes you unique. Don’t put too much equity in other people’s opinions.
2. Trust the process. Expect plot twists.
3. Work hard and you will always benefit from it.
4. Create. Do. Make things. Innovation in thinking is not nearly enough.
5. Travel as much as you can. It is a humbling and inspiring experience to be reminded how much you don’t know.
6. Strive for grace. There’s always room for more grace and there’s always another chance to embody it.
7. “Do Good.” The Golden Rule actually works.
8. Read everything. Read with an open-mind and a child’s fascination.
9. Go out on more limbs.
10. If you want to change, change. You are what you are until you decide you are something else.
11. Connect in real ways. Life is visceral. Get off your devices and connect with real people in real-time in real culture.
12. Instinct and intuition–learn to feel and trust them.
13. Let passion guide you. The things you are passionate about are not random. They are your calling.
14. If you like to eat pretzels in bed, eat pretzels in bed. Occasionally. Don’t abuse your own power.
15. Be a dreamer AND a doer.