You could have the best tool, the fanciest gadget, the hottest widget, billboard or platform around, but the product itself doesn’t make up a great company. Great companies focus on people first.
Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter, defines a set of six assumptions for all Twitter employees which are based on humility, openness, respect, equitable partnerships and holistic vision.
- We don’t always know what’s going to happen.
- There are more smart people out there than in here.
- We will win if we do the right things for our users.
- The only deal worth doing is a win-win deal.
- Our co-workers are smart and they have good intentions.
- We can build a business, change the world and have fun.
If you’re looking for an inspiring, hopeful and positively charged read, read this: Things A Little Bird Told Me: Confessions Of The Creative Mind.
Graphic courtesy of MTSCreates