We can’t ignore it and it’s not going away. The digital world may seem complex and the statistics are mind-blowing. But in terms of what to do personally when it comes to social media, the answer is K.I.S.S.
- 78% of Facebook users are mobile. Tech Crunch
- 27% of online time is spent on social media. Experian
- 47% of Americans say that Facebook has more impact on what they purchase than any other social network. State of Digital
- Two new users join LinkedIn every second. Top Dog Social Media
- The Google +1 button is used 5 million times per day. Media Bistro
- More than 15 million brands, businesses and organizations have Facebook pages. VentureBeat
- There are 8,500 Likes per second on Instagram. Expanded Ramblings
- 80% of Pinterest’s pins are re-pins.
- 25% of consumers who complain about products on Facebook or Twitter expect a response withing 1 hour. Amex
- 55 to 64 year olds: The fastest growing demo on Twitter. This has grown by 79% since 2012. BufferApp.com
- 53% of people recommend products on Twitter. Socialnomics
- 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- 50% of Pinterest users are parents. WordPress Hosting SEO
- YouTube is the second largest search engine, next to Google.
- There is 39% more engagement from posts with pictures on Facebook.
- If Twitter was a country, it would be the 12th largest in the world.
- 500 years of YouTube videos are watched on Facebook every day. Relevancy Group
Photo Courtesy of Mollskat.Tumblr